Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Impressions on the early release

Go down 
+6
Sedrian
Mjadib
Atherius
Ravil
Perennial
Lapis
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet
Name: Lapis Nithotep
Race: Stygian
Clan: Lore

First Impressions on the early release Empty
PostSubject: First Impressions on the early release   First Impressions on the early release Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 11:53 am

I have managed to patch and played a little - now I got booted since the game crashed as I tried to acess the tutorial and try the shilds (which didn't wanted to respond to my commands atm).

Laggy because of my bad computer (I have ordered a better one, it hasn't arrived yet, but is due to next week). I also have had several graphic glitches - when I first started the game and should make my character, the graphics didn't show any skin - merely hair, lidless eyes and tattoos. Spooky. Then everything went smooth, if a little slow graphics-wise. Customization could be better - haircolours are very weird (I chose the shaved look because of that), I'd appreciate more physical variety (skinnier, fatter, less busty, age-slides), but is still decent.

As everyone probably knows you start the game on a beach wearing a swimsuit. That together with your first loot (a sun hat) made the start a nice and summery experience. When entering tortage though, the lag was so intense I couldn't navigate, even less fight pirates and whatever. I quit after 4 hrs of gaming having reached only lvl 5, while other players I saw where 10-16.

First Impressions on the early release Lapis3
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet
Name: Ravenna Perennial
Race: Cimmerian
Clan: Dyma

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions on the early release   First Impressions on the early release Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 2:19 pm

My first impression was that when you reach lvl 13 you get stuck at a loading scene when zoning.

Shit game.

SIGH.
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions on the early release   First Impressions on the early release Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 3:07 pm

Not as laggy today, although I played single-player instance-like this morning.

Perennial wrote:
My first impression was that when you reach lvl 13 you get stuck at a loading scene when zoning.
The problem is still there? Anyone else that has levelled past that part?
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet
Name: Ravil Burly
Race: Cimmerian
Clan: Dyma

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions on the early release   First Impressions on the early release Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 3:57 pm

Lapis, loving the avatar, first person to have a character one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Atherius
Theroshan
Theroshan
Atherius

Character sheet
Name: Atherius Delaan
Race: Aquilonian
Clan: Balance

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions on the early release   First Impressions on the early release Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 4:13 pm

We must remember that all mmos to be launched suffer from numerous bugs and performance tweaks in the first week, month or even year of their existence. No mmo has yet to ever be perfect at launch. That said I am filled with trepidation and voe when I hear this as I had high expectations. I have yet to try the game myself, but as my pc is somewhere in between minimum and recommended performance I envisage a quite bumpy ride.
Back to top Go down
Mjadib
Theroshan
Theroshan

Character sheet
Name: Mjadib
Clan: Damak

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions on the early release   First Impressions on the early release Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 4:16 pm

Atherius wrote:
We must remember that all mmos to be launched suffer from numerous bugs and performance tweaks in the first week, month or even year of their existence. No mmo has yet to ever be perfect at launch. That said I am filled with trepidation and voe when I hear this as I had high expectations. I have yet to try the game myself, but as my pc is somewhere in between minimum and recommended performance I envisage a quite bumpy ride.

Its all personal experiences, I've only levelled to 9 but I havent had a single crash, lagspike or anything. Not even encountered anything that I would call a bug yet. But maybe just been really lucky so far! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sedrian
Theroshan
Theroshan
Sedrian

Character sheet
Name: Sedrian Araveromon
Race: Nemedian

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions on the early release   First Impressions on the early release Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 5:01 pm

Well im at level 17 so i dont quite know what the whole "level 13" thing is about...
Back to top Go down
Alberich
Theroshan
Theroshan
Alberich

Character sheet
Name: Alberich
Race: Aesir
Clan: Nature

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions on the early release   First Impressions on the early release Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 6:54 pm

I guess it comes down to personal circumstances. People experience different bugs and errors all the time but it comes down to three things. Glitches, Computer spec and Internet connection. Perhaps you should consider upgrading your PC up to recommended spec if your having problems. Internet is harder to sort out I guess. Glitches and bugs are untreatable to us, we just need to wait and have faith in Funcom to fix them ASAP.

Thankfully I know my computer will be able to handle AoC graphically when I play it as it's specced above recommended specs. I think my downfall, if any will be my average internet connection.

Quote :
Well im at level 17 so i dont quite know what the whole "level 13" thing is about...
Yeah, but then you always level fast my friend. You used to cover me in your leveling dust as you sped up the road to end game Razz.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet
Name: Rashad Mahdi

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions on the early release   First Impressions on the early release Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 9:05 pm

level 19, minutes away from making the guild and server goes down for 2 hours for maintenance..
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotnd.tk
Isara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Isara

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions on the early release   First Impressions on the early release Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 9:07 pm

Rashad wrote:
level 19, minutes away from making the guild and server goes down for 2 hours for maintenance..

Dirty powerleveller! *shakefist*
Back to top Go down
Kurzen
Banthalos
Banthalos
Kurzen

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions on the early release   First Impressions on the early release Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 9:14 pm

Disregarding crashes and problems logging in, im loving the game! I'm playing on mainly low to medium settings and its still beautifull. I was trying to play on medium graphics sacrificing my frame rate but its much more enjoyable on low graphics with barely noticable problems. The game does need a lot of ironing out though, plenty of bugs iv seen already and less-than-smooth animations i'd like to see improved (simple stuff like actually climbing over when you reach the top of a ladder rather than teleporting up there)

I can see myself playing this game for a good while, hopefully my fps wont go down any lower after Tortage.

By the way, my name is KurzEn in game. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions on the early release   First Impressions on the early release Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 9:32 pm

My game crashed when I switched from single player night mode to normal multiplayer mode....
Rashad wrote:
That is good. Can we join the guild even if we are lower in level?
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet
Name: Rashad Mahdi

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions on the early release   First Impressions on the early release Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 9:33 pm

yup, just whisper me as soon as I've made it and I'll invite you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotnd.tk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions on the early release   First Impressions on the early release Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Impressions on the early release
Page 1 of 1