Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Duties of the clans

Go down 
+2
Rashad
Lapis
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet
Name: Lapis Nithotep
Race: Stygian
Clan: Lore

Duties of the clans Empty
PostSubject: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 7:12 pm

I've been thinking what to do with the clan of Lore, now that I suddenly became Dorini of the clan.

One of the main duties would be keeping tabs on our guilds achievments, but I was thinking that perhaps recording geography explored would fall under Lore as well (or is that Nature?). Another aspect I think might be under Lore is to gather information on allies and enemies, perhaps even arranging emmisaries to neighbouring guilds. That would of course be a thing the clan of Secrets or Balance perhaps could be interested in as well, which is good - grey zones of responsibility is a breeding ground for rivalry and as such an opportunity for RP.

Thoughts on that - what would the different clans do (at least RP-wise, but actual duties are more fun).
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 6:56 pm

If the guild won't be bigger than say 40 persons, perhaps the number of clans are too big - especially since the war clan is the only one that seems to grow. One way is to merge clans into broader clans.

Just an example made up on the fly; feedback, elaboration, rewriting or outright refusal is appreciated!

Balance + the rank of Danano
(Responsibilities - being the Danathaar's protection, being his or hers ears and eyes in the other clans, as well as Lawkeepers)
Being mighty isn't enough to qualify for the clan of Balance. The bodyguards of the Danathaar leave their former clans, taking up a greater responsibility. The ones not protekting the Danathaar keeps the Houses' Law, enforcing and upholding the path. They are the judges whom settle quarrels, they are the police and executioners.

Damak+Secrets
(Responsibilities - Priestly duties, command of the flesh - healing, infiltration and murder)
Servants of the brother commands the flesh and speaks his words. It is their duty to interpret his texts and spread his knowledge, to protect his creation. There is nothing that they do not know for to their Dathanar they are his ears and eyes. The clan of Damak gathers information where it is said or written, they infiltrate, spy and murder. They rule the flesh of the world, made in Damak's image

Dyma+Lore
(Responsibilities - Priestly duties, command of the mind - lore, magic, diplomacy)
Servants of the sister commands the mind and speaks her words. It is their duty to interpret her texts and spread her knowledge, to protect her creation. The memory of the New Dawn is written down and recorded, every spell weaved and every technology researched. Book keepers and writers, the clan of lore ensures that the next generation will have the wisdom of the previous.

Nature+ Beasts
(Responsibilities - Command of the land - exploring, beastkeeping and pets)
The land gives many signs , the streams and rivers speak and the clan of nature listens, reads. The earth has wisdoms as well as power it is their duty to learn them and wield it.
The clan of beasts deals with the many creatures of the New Dawn, its horses, its hounds and not the least all the beasts that the clan itself enlists in its service. They have the responsibility of supplying the House with these animals, training them and command them.

War
(Responsibilities - very straightforward. When the other clans fail.)
The blade of the New Dawn is its soldiers. None other carry as much respect as the clan of war, it is they that take the lead on the battlefield, it is they that bring death to the enemy and victory to their House. They are many and they are strong.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet
Name: Rashad Mahdi
Clan: Balance

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:11 pm

We have considered merging the clans before, but Damak+Secrets and Dyma+Lore would not work, I'd rather see Damak+Dyma as a religom clan, nature+beasts could work, but balance + the rank danano does not, the danano are already a clanless rank, they're removed from the service of their Dorini completely to only protect the dynasty.

Otherwise the clan of lores duty is recording, everything they can get their hands on. Records of meetings, mission results, advancements. Anything that's noteworthy that future generations can learn from, and yes there's supposed to be gray zones between the clans for political turmoil, which is a reason why I think it's not a good idea to merge the clans because we lose those gray zones alot then. Still I could imagine making a clan of siblings and a clan of .. well would have to make up a new name for nature+beasts that fit well since those clans are without members at all. I think the large reason why we've got low membership everywhere except clan of war is because many of our current members are planning to roll melee classes, when we get more casters the other clans will grow as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotnd.tk
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:13 pm

Oh I wanted to add a note on the necessity for the clan of balance, not even the Dathanar stands outside the scrutiny of the law, that is why the law enforcement should be something he/she doesn't have complete control over.
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 10:53 pm

I think it would be good if we came up with some OCC tips on actual duties for the different clans, it's easier to play out everyday life then, as well as giving people something worthwile to do.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:02 am

Well I thought the duties were clear, I do agree though, there could very well be a lot more duties, for more things to do. If you have any suggestions for that then please post them. The duties as of now are:

Clan of Balance
Police the path of balance, if you notice that someone breaks the balance with another and doesn't do anything about it it's your job to make them do it, and people can of course also report such things to you.

Clan of Beasts
This ones a bit difficult, as the clan of beasts just takes cares of the animals of the New Dawn, as suggested before we may have to merge this clan with the nature clan.

Clan of Damak
Preach about Damak, hold ceremonies in his name.

Clan of Dyma
Preach about Dyma, hold ceremonies in her name.

Clan of Lore
fill our wiki with knowledge, you sit in on meetings to take notes, almost every mission should bring a lore clan member with them to record what happened during the mission and so on. Any events should be taken note of, even write down things IC like spellweaving and combat combos for manuals for future New Dawn members. (With this we can also try to develop our own distinctive fighting style in the New Dawn)

Clan of Nature
Do the rituals that the shamans and other naturalistic classes extract, and make sure that the New Dawn is kept up to date with what is happening with the world so that something can be done about it.

Clan of Secrets
This clan has tons to do, pick up rumors, keep an eye on the own populace, report any uprisings, keep a lookout on our neighbors, basically anything the Dathanar needs to know. And then theres of course assassinations as well.

Clan of War
Practice, practice, practice your brains out until you are needed on the battlefield, if you survive then train some more.
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 5:47 pm

Rashad wrote:
I'd rather see Damak+Dyma as a religom clan
They are a natural couple - my thought of incorporating the religion into other areas of activity was that it could be interesting to break free of the "priest clan"-concept and make the religion much more a part of everyday clan activity, identity and philosophy. If, for instance, assassins and healing priests were part of the Damak and necromancers and demonologists were part of Dyma, it could lead to a creative and new way of portraiting religion in a cult (as long as the clan members stress balance rather than portraying us as an assassins- or death cult)
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 2:22 pm

Hmm well that is an interesting concept but it would need to turn around, Necormancers and Demonologists are already supposed to go to Damak cause damak is the dark god and dyma is the light one and so damak is kinda the evil one and dyma is kinda the good one though they're both supposed to be neutral, damak is known to be impatient though while dyma is very forgiving.
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 6:02 pm

Just voicing random thoughts - as for now all activity on the forum is good activity ;-)

I haven't found the theology elaborated anywhere, is is tucked away somewhere on the forum?
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 8:08 pm

http://hotnd.wikidot.com/religon

is all we have at the moment
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 8:37 pm

I've read that! thanks.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 8:42 am

I'm absolutely not trying to shoot down your suggestions by the way, I'm very open to changing things, but to change the most basic stuff I need really good reasons as they're, I think, in place for very good reasons. ( Wink )
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 12:25 pm

I make a new thread about the religion!
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 5:51 am

Not to take the religion thread too much off-topic I'll post this here ^^ I was sitting and thinking as I removed the beast clan of what other clans you could merge, it comes to me that two other clans that would be interesting to merge would be the secrets and lore clan. As it is now the lore clan basically has the duty to write down whatever the secrets clan finds out, but what if the secrets clan is a network of knowledge, say that they do keep a library or similar written database where you do have people that only deal with writing and organizing this (which we have lore characters who would be interested in such a task) while it is others, the younger generation, those who have more of a battle inclination etc, has the duty to collect the information which the others then write down. You'd also have delicious in clan drama of what part of this is more important, the information gathering, or the information recording and we could also add the element to increase the recorders feeling of importance that it is always they who are given the assignments and deliver the results, the others are kind of agents that they send out to do the deed. Thoughts about this? The more I think about it the more I like it so I'll stop here before I get a weird viewpoint on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 6:06 am

For the same reasons as mentioned about lore and secrets I find it interesting to merge war and balance. The warriors of the New Dawns are supposed to be noble, honorable ones. To this purpose it would be nice to see them policing each other and others in the path, and really the only reason I see why not to merge these two clans into one is because I don't want to step on either Dorini's toes, I think they both make great assets as Dorini. Possibly the clan could have two leaders as it is supposed to be the biggest (by far) clan out there and that does have it make sense to have two leaders which also fuels in-clan drama of course. I'd go with the name balance for a merged clan in case we do merge as war just sounds barbaric which is something we are fighting and because balance is part of what the guild is. Thoughts about this? I'd especially like to hear from Varon and Haseo on this subject of course.

For the two leaders part I'm thinking something along the lines of having just one Dorini but with a setup of something like a captain and a vice captain, both leaders would attend council meetings and they would both get to vote, this way the war clans larger size is represented in their weight of decision making (not that they HAVE to vote the same of course!) So basicly whoever is the "vice captain" has the same amount of power as the Dorini with the only exception that the Dorini's word does weigh heavier if their orders go against eachother (that does of course not mean that there won't be those that are more loyal to the wise captain and doesn't give crap about what the Dorini says when it comes to a point where they have to choose sides Smile )
Back to top Go down
Khotis sepath
Theroshan
Theroshan
Khotis sepath

Character sheet
Name: Khotis Sepath

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:45 am

as on having a dorini and a 'vice captain', i dont think it would be such a good idea to have two leaders, as it would cause argument and in the end will only split the clan back into two, once people start taking sides. it is a good idea however to merge the clans war and balance but maybe change the name, to perhaps, 'judgement' or 'the guardians' or somthing along those lines.
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 12:36 pm

I think that you think exactly my thoughts.

the combined Lore-secrets could also be engaged in diplomatic information-gathering (e.g diplomatic service or spying), which could be great RP.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 1:07 pm

yeah exactly Lapis.

And Khotis, that is exactly what I want, the more tension RP there is inside the guild the better, because that breeds politics and plots, the balance name is definetly staying I'm firm on that cause it is such an extremely important part of the culture..
Back to top Go down
Sedrian
Theroshan
Theroshan
Sedrian

Character sheet
Name: Sedrian Araveromon
Race: Nemedian

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:23 pm

Lets just hope that tension doesnt turn to drama, cause drama kills Roleplay.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 3:25 pm

We won't tolerate anyone ruining roleplay of course
Back to top Go down
Varon kaldeer
Balah
Balah
Varon kaldeer

Character sheet
Name: Dorini Varon Kaldeer of War
Race: Cimmerian

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 6:12 pm

Im happy for that to happen, i mean there to be one dorini..one thing about the leaders... Haaeo has not been online... i mean the last time he was here was Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:27 pm. He may have left.....
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 7:43 pm

This is true.. Well then theres not really a problem. I will merge you, and you will be called balance from now on, I do hope he comes back though.
Back to top Go down
Varon kaldeer
Balah
Balah
Varon kaldeer

Character sheet
Name: Dorini Varon Kaldeer of War
Race: Cimmerian

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 7:45 pm

So im now the dorini of balance + War but called Balance? Just to confirm
Back to top Go down
Khotis sepath
Theroshan
Theroshan
Khotis sepath

Character sheet
Name: Khotis Sepath

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 7:51 pm

well varon it sounds like you are, congratulations king

and yes rashad i see what you mean about the tention being very good for RP so long as it doesnt get out of hand, it will be interesting to see where it takes us.
but we will be getting new members ater the launch so it will be important to tell those new recruits the history behind any in-guild disputes and conflicts otherwise we may come accross as a bad/badly organised guild.

sounds good though Smile
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 7:53 pm

Of course it is up to members of the clans to tell their new comrades of the goings ons, that's with any organization Smile And thats some RP to do even there, introductions and what not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duties of the clans   Duties of the clans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duties of the clans
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Out of character :: Guild Discussion-
Jump to: