Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)

Go down 
+8
Alberich
Daroose
Lapis
Anamara
Sedrian
Ravil
Mjadib
Rashad
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What archetype & Profession is your House of the New Dawn character going to be?
Priest
Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Vote_lcap6%Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Rogue
Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Vote_lcap17%Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Vote_rcap
 17% [ 6 ]
Soldier
Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Vote_lcap14%Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Vote_rcap
 14% [ 5 ]
Mage
Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Vote_lcap14%Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Vote_rcap
 14% [ 5 ]
*Weaponsmith
 14% [ 5 ]
*Armorsmith
Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Vote_lcap9%Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
*Gemcutter
Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Vote_lcap6%Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
*Alchemist
 6% [ 2 ]
*Architect
 14% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 35

AuthorMessage
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet
Name: Rashad Mahdi
Race: Stygian
Clan: Balance

Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Empty
PostSubject: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 3:52 pm

To keep track of the spread of Archetypes & Professions in the guild, please tell us which archetype and profession your character will be by choosing one of the options above.

This poll has been restarted to merge the two statistics as we couldn't keep the result from both threads.

From http://www.wikiaoc.com/

Priest
Priests in Age of Conan are a step beyond the stereotype of a vulnerable healer - they can call forth the power of their deities to smite and expose their enemies whilst protecting and aiding their allies! Whilst the priest is certainly the cornerstone of a good team in that they provide the vital restoration skills required to keep their allies standing in battle, they are so much more than that as well.

Priests draw on the strength of their faith and their abilities are derived from the power of their respective deities. Each god provides unique aspects to their followers.

The priests of Hyboria can be broadly split between those that follow the shamanic path and those that dedicate themselves as high priests of a deity.

Trusting in their respective deities to preserve their lives priests largely wear light armor, and need to avoid direct melee confrontation wherever possible.

Rogue
Unconventional and devious fighters, characters in the Rogue Archetype are those intent on causing maximum harm to their opponents through any means necessary.

These classes are not the disciplined soldiers of the Soldier Archetype, but cunning and often vicious opponents that their enemies would be unfortunate to meet in one of the many dark corners of Hyboria.

Capable of dealing great amounts of damage to their victims, they typically wear lighter armor for the sake of mobility and secrecy. Thieves use a variety of weapon combinations based on situation and necessity, dispatching their enemies in a brutally efficient manner.

Soldier
Able to wear heavier armor than any other class, the Warrior is able to soak up damage like no other. The heavy armor also allows the warrior to resist knock-back attacks more than any other class. Later specialization classes gain a defensive and offensive stance, the warrior is able to decide whether to hunker down when under attack, or go into a battle frenzy and significantly increase damage output while lowering defense.

Mage
The mage class is based around inflicting damage from range. In their cloth armor, they are unable to withstand much direct conflict. Given the demonic sources from which some of the mages draw their power, the mage classes in Age of Conan will be able to call on dark powers to help them on occasion even when the enemy gets closer! Through the use of spellweaving, mages will be able to create some staggering attacks.

Weaponsmith
As the name implies, a weaponsmith specializes in making various forms of weaponry for arming those he plans to support in battle. Using techniques passed down for generations, a smith trained in these arts can produce some of the most deadly weapons in Hyboria. In addition to creating arms, this smith may also supply various other forms of weapon enhancement materials, such as whetstones and polishes.

Armorsmith
Similar to the weaponsmith, the armorsmith focuses on crafting various pieces of protective gear in addition to ways to enhance said equipment. Having many avenues available to them in terms of advancement, the armorsmith may choose to provide a very wide variety of armor styles, ranging from leather to full plate.

Gemcutter
Taking advantage of the skills of the armor and weapon smiths, the gemcutter specializes in honing and crafting gems to decorate and enhance equipment. While some gems only have minor effects, others found in crypts or carried by those practicing darker arts may carry strange powers which can be harnessed by the gemcutter’s craft. As the gemcutter is familiar with working with a fresh set of armor or weaponry, they can also provide some more straightforward modifications such as counterweights or other reinforcement.

Alchemist
Trained in various pharmaceutical and metallurgical arts, the Alchemist specializes in creating various compounds with strange and seemingly unnatural effects. Utilizing both common and rare ingredients found around Hyboria, those trained in this art may provide many useful consumables to their allies for use both in and out of battle.

Architect
Concerned more with the “big picture” than simply making equipment or potions, the architect is set on designing the more impressive buildings and siege engines used to wage war in the Border Kingdoms and beyond. Carrying a great burden of responsibility to those he allies himself with, architects facilitate the design of cities as well as devices designed to protect his allies’ assets or destroy his enemy’s.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotnd.tk
Mjadib
Theroshan
Theroshan

Character sheet
Name: Mjadib
Clan: Damak

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 8:57 pm

I only voted on my archetype since Im not sure on my crafting skill yet. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet
Name: Ravil Burly
Race: Cimmerian
Clan: Dyma

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 10:10 pm

Soldier and Alchemy for the new Ravil, just the background story to do and the change will be pretty much complete.
Back to top Go down
Sedrian
Theroshan
Theroshan
Sedrian

Character sheet
Name: Sedrian Araveromon
Race: Nemedian

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:17 am

Soldier (Guardian) and Armoursmith, ive always found Armour crafting more fun that weapon crafting in games, although if Architect is like Carpentry I may take that up instead. I'll likely add some more lore to my character to justify him being an armoursmith.
Back to top Go down
Anamara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anamara

Character sheet
Name: Anamara Anok'Tsuten

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:15 am

Anamara will be priest and architect.
doesn't make sense for the "choosen of set" to have learned any skill involving hard labor, though she did get an education including architecture.
Though I might change my mind and become gemcutter.
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet
Name: Lapis Nithotep
Clan: Lore

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 6:10 pm

Lapis will be Necromancer and Gemcutter
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet
Name: Ravil Burly

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:01 pm

Seems like we have a good mix which is good
Back to top Go down
Sedrian
Theroshan
Theroshan
Sedrian

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:13 pm

More priests please, theres nothing worse than an unhealed meatshield =[
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:23 pm

worried about the amount of architects.. Sure we need catapults but I'm not having people build in kathia, I reserve that right farao
Back to top Go down
Daroose
Theroshan
Theroshan
Daroose

Character sheet
Name: Daroose
Race: Aquilonian
Clan: Secrets

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:29 pm

Rogue and weaponsmith i cant wait to assassinate sumone with a blade that i made
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:58 pm

I misunderstood the crafts bit and clicked armoursmith and alchemist as well - those should have one less click than actually marked.
Back to top Go down
Sedrian
Theroshan
Theroshan
Sedrian

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:59 pm

Lapis wrote:
I misunderstood the crafts bit and clicked armoursmith and alchemist as well - those should have one less click than actually marked.

...theres always one
Back to top Go down
Alberich
Theroshan
Theroshan
Alberich

Character sheet
Name: Alberich
Race: Aesir
Clan: Nature

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:53 am

I chose Priest (Bear Shaman) and Weaponsmith.

I definitely wanted to be a smith of some sort. I've always found weapons crafting to be so much more satisfying as you don't worry about crafting a "set" of items like with a suit of armour and I can't imagine anything more sweeter than lopping off the head of some poor soul with a weapon I personally made.

Muahaha! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Anamara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anamara

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:28 am

Well, Rashad could be the leader of the architects. I'm guessing that building with multiple architects in the guild might have some advantage, maybe faster build rate, or the ability to work on more buildings at a time.
But as i said, I might change my mind and go gemcutting or alchemy even (poisons and how to treat them is something a priestess of Set would have definately learned)
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:55 am

that may be so, I just don't want random buildings allover in the strictly ordered Kathia ^^
Back to top Go down
Anamara
Theroshan
Theroshan
Anamara

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 10:08 am

I just hope they allow us to build houses too, so you can finally have a place of your own.Of course, building within the city should always be with permission of the Dathanar, I think that's a given.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 10:35 am

If they don't have personal housing we'll make them a petition so heavy that they think they were hit by.. something hard and heavy!
Back to top Go down
Sedrian
Theroshan
Theroshan
Sedrian

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:11 am

Rashad wrote:
If they don't have personal housing we'll make them a petition so heavy that they think they were hit by.. something hard and heavy!

Oooh, like a giant roll of cheese?
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:14 am

Hmm.. Possibly. That would also guarantee a plague of rats!
Back to top Go down
Varon kaldeer
Balah
Balah
Varon kaldeer

Character sheet
Name: Dorini Varon Kaldeer of War

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:13 pm

Rogue-Ranger for Varon with weapon crafter
Back to top Go down
Khalid
Dorini of Damak
Dorini of Damak
Khalid

Character sheet
Name: Khalid Osahar

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 10:56 pm

Mage - Architect... and further down just pure necromancy skills and other "City benefacting skills"
Back to top Go down
Lapis
Dorini of Lore
Dorini of Lore
Lapis

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 8:38 am

Khalid wrote:
Mage - Architect... and further down just pure necromancy skills and other "City benefacting skills"
I love that you put necromancy inte "City benefacting skills! ;-)
Back to top Go down
Khalid
Dorini of Damak
Dorini of Damak
Khalid

Character sheet
Name: Khalid Osahar

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:28 pm

*giggle giggle*

Undead labourers need neither food, water, pay or anything realy ^^ Some nudity would help ofc.. keeping the drool coming and their brains rotting.
Back to top Go down
Perennial
Theroshan
Theroshan
Perennial

Character sheet
Name: Ravenna Perennial

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:48 pm

Soldier and I wager I will be an architecture.
Back to top Go down
Archenthorpe
Theroshan
Theroshan
Archenthorpe

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 8:25 pm

first reply in the general forums! Razz (not actully sure im allowed to be doing this so please tell me if i have to wait for comfirmation from jherica) soldier and got to be armour smith being a guardian if im going to be the only class allowed plate ill be making it myself aswel Razz, also just wondering the exact purpose of architect, iv jsut found out our city is already set out from start you dont get to pick were you put buildings plus how will they work the leveling for architect, for example if we dont have a high level architect will we not be able to build curtian buildings?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)   Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archetypes & Professions Statistics (restarted)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Out of character :: Guild Discussion-
Jump to: