Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Concerns from the early days

Go down 
+5
Ravil
Daroose
Zahra
Khalid
Rashad
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet
Name: Rashad Mahdi
Race: Stygian
Clan: Balance

Concerns from the early days Empty
PostSubject: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 6:57 am

Note: This is set nearly twenty years ago, when Kathia was still an idea that was taking form. I've also rudely and forcefully placed Khalid's character in this story, I hope you don't mind, if you do I shall of course edit it, but I was hoping you'd join in, as well as others that were around at this time, of course.

Rashad stood up from his chair, he had sat in front of a table which was laden with maps and blueprints, as well as various other documents of information. Letting out a sigh of exasperation he made his way across the granite floor to the very large windows that were set in this room, making it impossible to stay in during winter but very comfortable during hot summer day, though more importantly as it was located at the very height of the New Dawns fortress it gave him the opportunity to gaze over the land that was slowly transforming into what would become Kathia. This is not right, Khalid. I belong down there, with the people. What am I now but another sovereign lord hidden away in a castle? He turned to face the old man which he had known for as long as he could remember, which he had known and loved more than his father.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotnd.tk
Khalid
Dorini of Damak
Dorini of Damak
Khalid

Character sheet
Name: Khalid Osahar
Clan: Damak

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 9:29 pm

Resting in his chair with his daughter Zahra kneeling next to him he chuckles and looks up at Rashad with a smile, saying with a rather cold unpleasant voice;
The world is coming to an end, a vast ocean of disease... filled with hatred and lost sheep. All hope is lost... or perhaps this is the cradle of salvation young Rashad?
Khalid sits up in his chair and reaches for a wooden gobblet on the table halffilled with red wine. he takes a small sip from it and places it back on the table again. Eying over at Zahra he says;
Please... help your old father standing up.
He pulls himself up from the chair with the help of Zahra, noddingly he thanks her and walks over to Rashad supporting himself on his cane. Calmly he says to Rashad;
Rashad... soon you'll be the herd of this flock, but you need to wait just a little longer. And don't you worrie... the sheep will not stray far away from this place. We need to be stronger before we all act.
Stepping up next to Rashad he places his cold slightly withered hand upon his shoulder.
Put your flock up for a task first... let them find more who's villing to pledge their lives and their familys to yo-... our cause young Rashad. Surely... a handfull of men can change the future of a small village. But we need an army to change this sickend lost world for the better.
Khalid pats rashad a few times on his shoulder and returns to his chair again and takes a seat with the help of Zahra
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 1:57 am

Rashad threw one last glance out over the construction that was taking place far below before he gave Khalid a firm nod and turned to walk back, taking his seat again he leaned over the table and let his hands spread the documents away and revealing a large map of the surrounding area below. You are right, Khalid. You are always right... Send for Dorini Imtal of Secrets He paused, his eyes staring at the detailed image of mountains, streams, forests and roads in front of him. I think, we may have a problem.
Back to top Go down
Khalid
Dorini of Damak
Dorini of Damak
Khalid

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 2:00 am

Khalid nods and pats Zahra on her shoulder
Go Zahra, find him and bring him here.
Back to top Go down
Zahra
Danano
Danano
Zahra

Character sheet
Name: Zahra un Osahar
Clan: Secrets

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 2:05 am

From a kneeling possition, Zahra stands up and bows before Rashad and Khalid. Quickly she then turns towards the door and just as she's about to open it... she turns around and makes a quick jump over to Khalid sitting in his chair resting. She pulls down her mask and presses her dryed up lips upon his head and strokes his cheek, letting of a silent moan and a sigh of relief.
Pulling up her mask again she then runs out trough the door and exits the building to find Dorini Imtal who's place she's well known of
Back to top Go down
Daroose
Theroshan
Theroshan
Daroose

Character sheet
Name: Daroose
Race: Aquilonian

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 3:26 pm

Daroose arrived at the room with Zahra close behind him. He knocked on the door twice and entered. Seeing Khalid and Rashad he bows to Rashad and Salutes Khalid. He walks up to the table and simply asks: You called for me?
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 5:16 pm

Rashad was still staring at the map, he raised his hand a bit as if to acknowledge his Dorini's presence before pointing to what seemed to mark a small forest just northwest of the city. We've been taking lumber from here recently, Dorini. He got up from his chair and walked to another desk that was sitting against a wall, pulling one of the drawers out and after rummaging around for a bit inside it he took out a roll of parchment, unrolling it he read through the document briefly before holding it up to Daroose. Do you remember this? Your men found a burial site in that area some months ago, and that lumber camp has had more accidents happen than anywhere else, I think there is some connection here. I would like you to investigate it.
Back to top Go down
Daroose
Theroshan
Theroshan
Daroose

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 6:07 pm

'Ofcourse Dathanar. I will see to it personally.' Replied Daroose. He turned and left the room, heading towards the forest in which to conduct his investigation.
Back to top Go down
Daroose
Theroshan
Theroshan
Daroose

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 7:38 pm

Daroose arrived in the forest a few minutes later. He wondered where he would start, looking around he saw Ravil training with the rest of his clan and a few individual workers chopping wood for the city. He decided to start by searching the forest for anything suspicious. He walked for about half an hour when suddenly he heard voices coming through the forest, he peered through the foliage to see two men walking towards him, Daroose did not recognise these men as men from the city so he hid in a nearby bush to see where these two men were going and more importantly where they were from. The two men passed him and headed straight for the city's lumbermill. Daroose followed them and on the way he heard them talking about sabotage, Daroose found out that these men were sabotaging the equipment and causing the accidents. Daroose followed them all the way to the city's lumbermill where they sabotaged equipment. The men then left and started walking back where they had come from, Daroose followed them for over an hour when they finnally reached the destination. A city not unlike Kathia was being constructed. Daroose then realised that this other settlement had known about kathia's existance and had been tring to sabotage its efforts to grow, Daroose knew that these people were now enemies of kathia and he must tell the Dathanar as soon as possible. Daroose span around and started running back to the city as fast as he could.
Back to top Go down
Daroose
Theroshan
Theroshan
Daroose

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 7:49 pm

Daroose arrived back in the city and sped up to Rashad's room, he told him about everything that he had seen and heard, and then took a seat to rest from his long run and await the Dathanr's response.
Back to top Go down
Ravil
Balah
Balah
Ravil

Character sheet
Name: Ravil Burly
Race: Cimmerian
Clan: Dyma

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 8:05 pm

“Good, you did it well that time” said Ravil to one of his clan as a nearby deer fell to the soft forest floor, instantly dieing. "Right, I want you all to be able to do 'That' by the time we leave this….” Ravil was unable to finish his sentence because at that moment somone suddenly ran right past the group. Only getting a split second to look at the mans face, Ravil could just about tell who it was, and with a confused look on his face, Ravil mutterd...… Daroose?
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 8:17 pm

Rashad sat quietly in his chair as he took in Daroose' story, as the man finished he turned his eyes to Khalid, there was concern in his face but he seemed to clear up abit as he nodded to himself. Thank you very much for this information, Dorini. It is as I had feared, but this shall not be allowed to continue, these accidents have already slowed us down enough and for each set back our people have had to work harder. He slamemd his fist into the table, standing up he walked over to the windows again, peering down into the grounds. Dorini Imtal, go down and tell Dorini Kaldeer to let his men rest tonight, all but the guards on the wall will rest and gain strength for the morning.
Back to top Go down
Daroose
Theroshan
Theroshan
Daroose

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 9:13 pm

Daroose simply nodded and walked out of the room with out uttering a word.
Back to top Go down
Daroose
Theroshan
Theroshan
Daroose

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 9:18 pm

Daroose reached Varon to see him talking to Orm, Daroose informed Varon of the enemy city and told him what Rashad had said. then Daroose with a look of exhaustion on his face said 'I am going to sleep, I will see you in the morning'
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 9:29 pm

Rashad followed Daroose to the door, letting him go down the corridor a bit before he asked the guards outside to leave and ensuring that they did so before he closed the door behind him. He let out a deep sigh before he went up to Khalid and whispered to him. We've already lost enough on this matter to risk sending out our troops to deal with them, I want you to take some of your clansmen down to the burial site. If these barbarians wants to stand in the way of the New Dawn let them do so, but we'll see how willing they are when they see the error of their ways and why the dead should be returned to the siblings.
Back to top Go down
Varon kaldeer
Balah
Balah
Varon kaldeer

Character sheet
Name: Dorini Varon Kaldeer of War

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 12:37 am

Varon walks up and knocks on the closed door
Back to top Go down
Khalid
Dorini of Damak
Dorini of Damak
Khalid

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:12 am

mumbling to himself and simply ignores all coversations in the room that have and have had been in the room he turns to the door and yells;
Just enter already! Damn all this knocking and people running in and out like lost cattle! By damak's sake i'll have that door removed!
Being irritaded and way frustrated he throws his cane at the sounding door and awaits for someone to enter.
We got other things to worrie about then being bloody polite and knock first here damn it!
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:41 am

Khalid! I need you to do this for me, now. Before the night is over. He said in a low voice that still carried the tone of meaning business. Noone is supposed to know about this. He added, even lower.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:44 am

Hearing a horn blow outside, he frowned and made his way quickly to the window, seeing Orm hold his speech below and hearing parts of what his booming voice had to say he grunted to himself. Damnit...
Back to top Go down
Varon kaldeer
Balah
Balah
Varon kaldeer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:13 am

Varon opens the door and steps inside.Turning to Rashad Varon bows his head Daroose said that we have a problem outside the city. I have given the men the night and the guards are still on there posts as you wished. The army will be ready to match in the moring.
Back to top Go down
Khalid
Dorini of Damak
Dorini of Damak
Khalid

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 12:20 pm

Khalid nods firmly at Rashad and speaks with a low tounge just before Varon enterd.
Yes yes Rashad... let's see if theese meere sad ecguse for beings can withstand...
Khalid turns over to varon and bows his head, then he grabs Rashad by the arm and pulls himself up with some help from him... still eyeing Varon.
My cane Varon... would you kindly?
Khalid points with his withered hand next to varon on the floor where his cane lies.
Back to top Go down
Varon kaldeer
Balah
Balah
Varon kaldeer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 12:28 pm

Varon picks up the cane laying behind the door. He walks over and hands it back to it owner. Then turns to face Rashad Dathanar i need to know the orders for the attack and any information i can get. I dont want my men running into a battle blind of what they are facing.
Back to top Go down
Rashad
Dathanar
Dathanar
Rashad

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 1:20 pm

Yes, well it seems that even my Dorini are restless now. I gave no order to assemble the army, I already had a different plan. He gives Varon a stern look. But as my people are now prepared for battle and are looking forward to it, I shall not take it away from them. I know as much as you know about the enemy, Dorini Kaldeer.We know what Dorini Imtal saw and hopefully that shall be enough. We will be striking from the forest clearing so no cavalry should be necessary but we could create some confusion with flaming arrows over the walls. We'll crush their palisade with rhinos, three should do it. From there on it will be up to you and your blades, Dorini. Now, I will go and prepare myself for tomorrows battlefield, so should you.
Back to top Go down
Varon kaldeer
Balah
Balah
Varon kaldeer

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 2:01 pm

Thats good news,my men are soilders not workers. This battle will be a great moral boost! Varon turns to walk out of the door,then turns his head back We will kill everything in that place, We march tomorrow morning. Dathanar Varon bows before leaveing
Back to top Go down
Khalid
Dorini of Damak
Dorini of Damak
Khalid

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 2:12 am

Khalid bows his head as Varon exits the room and closes the door behind him, then turns facing rashad... and with a cold grimm voice he says;
Thy will and Damak's will be done... my dathanar.
He then pulls himself up from the chair again with his cane and walks towards a big banner hanging inside the room and pulls it aside, revealing a hidden passageway downstairs underneath the building and outside. He turns facing Rashad a final time and bows his head deep, and yet again with a grinning smile he says;
There are women and children in the village my Dathanar... A shame that they won't see the rising of a new dawn again.
Rashad looks at Khalid for a few moments and bows his head saying with a determined voice;
So is there in ours, this battle was not our choice but theirs.
Khalid nods his head and exits the room trough the passageway with fast and determined steps.
**Hours later at night outside the small Chimmeran village known as Bvar'luc**
Eyeing the village from a safe distance in the forrest, Khalid walks towards the big burial grounds located just a few minutes walk away. A cold nights air breeze runs trough the forrest, the years last snowflakes had just stop falling, sounds of deer's and owls can be heard troughout the forrest. A half-full moon can be seen in the sky, A night just like any other night in theese parts of the mountains. Kneeling down before the burial grounds smoke emmits from Khalid's mouth as he breathes heavy in the cold air, humming somewhat loudly and being in deep concentration preforming a ritual. An hour pass and khalid stands up chanting loudly in some unfamilliar tounge... loud enough to alert the guards patrolling the gates to the village as someone has set of the alarm by sounding the bell, torches and houses starts to lit up from inside and people start to gather up. Villagers and guards picks up available weaponry as hatchets, schytes, bow and arrow and heads out from town approaching the burial grounds where Khalid stands alone and silent. Soon enough, Khalid finds himself surrounded by everyone from the village, counting atleast a hundred of them.. all bearing arms. One man steps forward, an mid-aged man with many scars covering his bare chest, large dark beard and long dark hair bearing a great twohanded battleaxe... angerly he steps up towards Khalid, stoping about four meters before him and begins to talk;
I am Wulfgard, leader of this village! Who are you old man? And what in croms name are you doing tresspassing on our territory you child of a demented whore?!
The villagers laugs at Khalid, cussing at him and saying things like "That old fart wont last a day by his own in this wilderness", "Feed him to the dogs!", "it's just a old man, kill him of already". Khalid just stands silent, staring at the man before him with an angerd look but remains still, silent and calm.
Haha! Are you deaf old man? Who are you?! Answer me already! Are you one of them inbreds up the mountains coming here to spy on us?
The villagers just laught out loud at Khalid, "Bad choise for a spy!" one yells, "Yeah, sending a styggian old fart here!" another one yells, "Thoose idiots hahaha! A styggian spy here?! hahaha!"
Hahaha! Go back to your fort you old man before we hack you down, and tell your leader i'll have his head on my table by tomorrow! Now do like the tree and piss of if you know what's good for you damn sethlover!
The villagers continues laughing and cussing at Khalid as he starts to speak and move up closer to the male infront of him.
You done talking yet dog? The leader raises his hand as the crowd goes silent good, My Name is Khalid Osahar; Dorini from the House of the new Dawn, and i care not for your futile attempts in insulting me male, nor do i care that your sheep here treats me with such inncolence by calling me a spy or any remarks about my mother. But when you threat my family... threat to take my leaders head... and falsly accuse me of being a sethite worshiper...
Khalids eye's flashes in a bright purple light and his voice darkends
I've been sent here alone by my Dathanar to rid this village from all life, and your insults about my beliefs and threats towards my master have just ensured that no woman or even child WILL BE SPARED THIS NIGHT!
The leader and rest of the villagers stares at Khalid for a few secconds, then all burst out in laughter.
Haha! You!? What in crom are YOU going to do old man?! Beat us all with your petty stick!? Hahaha!
Kill him! Hack him up Wulfgard!
Wulfgard shakes his head laughing out loud and grabs his axe firmly and heaves it up on his shoulders.
Well then "Kalmud"!, it has been fun meeting you... Greet Crom from us and die quickly would you?
Wulfgard raises his axe above his head and is about to make a swing from top to toe on khalid as khalid calmly reaches out a hand towards Wulfgards and makes a gripping fist motion with it, Wulfgard all of a sudden stands paralyzed as his eye's widen and starts to chip for breath. Khalid then speaks with a cold voice;
You won't even serve good as a undead labourer for the new dawn... can't not even withstand an old mans cold grip. Now watch as your village dies fool! ... Arise servant's of Damak! Leave no survivors!

Chaos breaks loose as the earth crumble beneath the villagers standing ontop of the burial grounds, arms shoot out from the ground, grabbing them around their ankles and legs, pulling most of them down on the ground. Dead men of fallen warriors and peasants rise up from their graves, armed with swords, spears and axes placed there as part of the chimmeran burial traditions. Sounds of battle, deathscreams is heard troughout the whole area. Bodies hitting the ground, houses crumbling and falling apart... Men, women and children running around in panic. Brave men from the village fight to the very end... but there's to many. The battle continues for about twenty minutes... and after it's done., bodies of the villages lays all around, scatterd limbs, mutilated, hacked and broken. A few wounded lay around gasping for air as the snow takes it's toll for thoose lesser fortunate. A bloodbath... dead men, women, even children and the elderly... a horrible sight for the weakhearted as noone surived except thoose petty few who ran out in the cold wilderness and hidd themselves and the leader Wulfgard, still standing paralyzed by Khalid's grip.
W-who are you?! Why did you do this!? You bastard! you could atleast spared the children damn you!
Khalid clences his fist tight as a purple reddish ray of light hit's Wulfgard and body starts to age a hundred times normal speed... sucking out the very living essence from him.
w-.. wh-.. o-... who are... y-you...?!
Wulfgard exhales one final time and drops dead to the ground, leaving a shell of a two hundred year old man.
We are the new Dawn, Now rest.... all of you.
All walking undead falls silent and dead to the ground scatterd all over, looking over the area... Khalid spots footprints in the snow that leads out to the cold forrests, nodding to himself he then turns around and heads back towards Kathia.
**Hours later at early dawn outside Kathia**

Kahlid dissmounts his steed and hands it to Zahra who stands waiting at the hidden passageway just outside Kathia leading to the main building. He gives her a kiss on her forhead and limps inside it towards the meetinghall, hopefully i'll manage to get atleast a few hours of sleep before venturing out again he thinks to himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concerns from the early days   Concerns from the early days Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Concerns from the early days
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next